Monday, September 19, 2011

Seared Scallops with Lemon Juice and Sage

I wasn't anticipating finding any time to post recipes while on vacation in Orlando, nor was I expecting to find any recipes that would interest me. I hate to say it, but I've become quite accustomed to my niche of food back home and my meager list of ingredients that seem to amount to unlimited healthy dishes. Since my time here in Florida, I have struggled immensely with the food. I find it too heavy and too hard to digest. My caution to the lax "food laws" here, make me nervous to buy their local produce and meat; and what I have purchased, hasn't gone down with ease.
However, this morning I was skimming a Women's Health Magazine and came across a dish that sounds amazing and I look forward to tweaking and making it when I get back home.

Seared Scallops with Lemon Juice and Sage 


2 tsp Canola Oil
3 oz. Sea Scallops
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Ground Sage
1 1/2 cups Cubed Roasted Acorn Squash
2 cups Kale sauteed in
2 tsp Olive Oil

Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add scallops and cook without stirring until well-browned. (This should take approximately 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.) Flip scallops and cook until sides are firm and centers are opaque. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle sage on top. Serve with squash and kale.

This recipe has lots of protein, is low in fat, and rich in vitamins.
If you get a chance to make this in the next week, post a comment and let me know how it turned out. I'm really looking forward to making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment